Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Interview with Taylor Vaugn from 2010



Quick Highlights

--Debut: 1996

--World Wrestling Federation (WWE) 1999-2000

--World Championship Wrestling (WCW) 2000

--Total Non-Stop Action (TNA) 2002

--Ranked #60 in Pro Wrestling Illustrated top 100 Hottest Women in Wrestling






JM: Thanks for taking the time to do this interview; My first question is what have you been up to since your days in wrestling?

Taylor: I still do some signings and appearances here and there. I was in spain last year for NWE and wrestled over there. I just recently (6 months ago) moved back to NY from daytona beach to be near my family so right now I'm enjoying them. I was gone for 17 years so it’s nice to be home.




JM: How did you get your start in pro wrestling, Were you ever a fan growing up and if so who were some of your favorites?

Taylor: I got my start in wrestling by valeting a couple of good friends in indy shows about 15 years ago and was hooked. I did watch wrestling back in the day and one of my favorites was tommy "wild fire" rich...lol





JM: How did the deal come about for you to work for WWE, back than the WWF?

Taylor: After doing indy shows for about 3 years I sent my videos and pics to WWE and my friend Terry Taylor put in a word for me and helped me get an interview and try out at the office in stamford.



JM: Who came up with the name Barbra Bush as a EMT, how did you feel about the idea?

Taylor: Oh geez, the writers came up with that...I still don’t know how or why but it was better than the one they were going to call me..which im sure you heard..lol If you didn’t hear, I’m not going to tell you.:) They could have called me anything they wanted, I was just happy to be there.


JM: You have only wrestled I believe Once in the WWE, Were you happy with your role in the WWE or did you prefer to wrestle in the Women's division for the title?

Taylor: It would have been nice to play a more active role and showed people I can wrestle but it is what it is and I was grateful to have the opportunity and experienced what I experienced.




JM: You competed in the Swimsuit contest at the Royal Rumble Pay Per View, This was controversial as Mae Young Won the contest and shocked the world when she exposed her breast, again what are your memories of that time?

Taylor: Oh god, that was a good one. I loved mae young. She was a hoot! At the time I remembered thinking..."is that what your boob looks like when you get old??? ha ha Oh No!!" That was during rehearsal not realizing it was a fake one they molded to her.


JM: There are a lot of memories I have of you during your time with the WWE, but one that stands out the most and is still talked about to this day is a storyline that saw Mae Young giving Birth to a Hand.. You were involved with the storyline as an EMT helping Mae Young Deliver... What are your thoughts about the storyline and how did you feel about being part of this?

Taylor: um, the only thing I have to say about that is...strange! LOL




JM: The Name Association Game

Vince McMahon- brilliant

Tripe H-sexy!lol

Stephanie McMahon-sweetheart

Chyna-had her shit together then

Miss. Kitty-a follower not a leader

Ivory-awesome

Jacquelyn-quiet

Fabulous Moolah-fabulous

Mae Young-one tough cookie

Luna Vachon-love her

Terri Runnels-one of a kind

Bob Holly-what can i say about him??? There’s not enough room! Lying, cheating assbag!

Francine-one very special person

Daffney-crazy in a good way!

Dudley Boyz-2 great guys



JM: Your time with the WWE didn't last long; You were last seen Bubba bomb through a table and disappeared without an explanation. Whatever happens with your relationship with the WWE?

Taylor: that’s a good question...I wish I knew. It seems as soon everyone knew I was dating the douchebag I got released. They simply said they had no storyline for me right now.




JM: Your next move was to WCW as a Wife and valet to Kewee however that lasted a couple weeks, how did that deal come about and why was it ended quickly?

Taylor: That deal came about when Terry Talor left WWE and went to WCW a few weeks after I started and wanted me to follow. I told him I was happy where I was and wanted to stay and he said if you change your mind, call me. The day I got released I called him and he hired me that day and flew me to the shows that weekend. I had 2 days to get ready and dye my hair red. It ended so quickly because at the time Bob and I were engaged, had just bought a house and he had a fit that I was at WCW and he was at WWF. I chose him over wrestling, not knowing what a tool he was at the time. If only there was a time machine and I could go back....what an idiot I was. But you live and learn and I will not make the same mistake twice.




JM: You started working for TNA during its first year of existence; did you ever believe to think TNA went far as it did to be on the ranks of the WWE?

Taylor: I had very high hopes TNA would make it and I was proud I was there to see it off the ground. There wasn’t anywhere else for the boys to go but WWE so I was very optimistic.



JM: Will we ever see you return to the WWE or TNA in the future?

Taylor: Never say never...I certainly wouldn't turn it down.


JM: Do you still follow the WWE and TNA?

Taylor: I don’t watch in religiously but I try to keep up:)




JM: Any advice for fans who want to follow their dreams?

Taylor: My advice would be to never think you can’t do something. There’s no such thing as can’t. Don’t let anybody bring you down and tell you otherwise. Surround yourself with positive people and friends that encourage you. Get rid of the negative.



No comments: